Have fun while you work! Experience the ambiance of Newcastle Place nestled in Mequon located near Concordia University. We have the state of the equipment in our fitness center along with an exercise pool for our senior population.
Experience preferred but willing to train.
A Full-time and a Part-time position is available.
The Fitness and Aquatics Coordinator educates and leads participants in group fitness classes as well as individual instruction with a focus towards assisting them in achieving their fitness goals in a safe and friendly manner. The Coordinator ensures the safe instruction of each class. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. The Fitness & Aquatics Coordinator reports to the Fitness Manager and Director of Community Life Services.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plans routines, choose appropriate variety of music, and modify movements to accommodate different levels of fitness depending on participants’ capabilities and/or limitations.
- Exhibits professionalism when dealing with class participants and facility staff.
- Maintain resident files and assessments related to the fitness program and keep an active/current resident roster. Maintains necessary attendance/participation and progress reports.
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate safeguards on participant health records.
- Perform initial assessments and orientation for residents to actively participate in fitness programs and activities.
- Follow standards for participant and facility safety, fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Prepare and maintain required reports, records, studies and surveys as directed.
- Work with other health-related staff at the community to provide a consistent message of health and to assist with resident transitions from one aspect of health services to another.
- Provide health education programming to promote opportunities for enhanced personal wellness.
- Maintains the condition of equipment through routine daily cleaning and disinfecting; reports any maintenance concerns to supervisor.
- Demonstrates proper and safe use of equipment, including stereo and microphone.
- Uses appropriate format for every class; provides adequate warm-up, exercises, stretching, and cool down
- Encourage residents to take an active part in various fitness and recreational programs.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Properly use the community logo according to the Logo Usage Guidelines and consistently with community branding.
- Maintain current Adult CPR (with practical skills component), AED, and First Aid certification.
- Accept responsibility for and maintains overall confidentiality.
- Maintain current licensure/certification/health screening as required for the position.
- Comply with expectations of mandatory/regulatory requirements.
- Participate in professional growth and development activities and various continuing educations programs as needed.
- Current group fitness certification and/or post high school education which demonstrate appropriate knowledge base for safely teaching group exercise classes.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting for approximately 60% of work day; must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; must be able to push residents weighing up to 250 lbs. in gerichairs and/or wheelchairs; good visual and hearing acuity required; may be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and bodily fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV; may be exposed to industrial and household chemicals and offensive odors.