Newcastle Place located in Mequon Wisconsin is searching for an experience dependable cook for our Hospitality Department. Our community is comprised of Independent, Assisted, Skilled Nursing, and Rehabilitation Units serving seniors for fine dining. Our cooking department is made up of a Chef d'Cuisine, Sous Chef, Lead Cooks, Cooks, and Prep Cooks. If you are interested in researching our community, please go to our Website: https://www.newcastleplacelcs.com/about-us/
The Chef/Cook is responsible for the preparation of all food items as per standardized recipes. This position reports to the Sous Chef.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares all soups, stocks, sauces; boils, braises and roasts items as per standardized recipes.
- Prepares and serves all sautéed, fried, grilled, steamed and baked items as per standardized recipes.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following standard recipes and special diet orders. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food is preserved.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and seeing that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
- Become familiar with diets and personal food preferences of residents and patients.
- Follows proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Maintains assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Completes all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as required.
- Employees are responsible to perform any other duties as assigned.
- Employees are expected to embrace a culture of hospitality and follow the 10 Hospitality Promises